The Information the Company Collects
- User Provided Information: You provide certain personally identifiable information, (“Personal Information”) to the Company when using the Services, including without limitation creating an account on the Platform for use in connection with your playing of the Games, subscribing to one of the Company’s newsletters or other promotional content, emailing a friend, participating in the chat rooms on the Platform and in the Games, shopping within the Platform to purchase virtual items within Game, or receive customer or technical support. “Personal Information” includes information such as your credit card or debit card numbers, first, middle or last name or initial, street address, town or city, state, zip code, telephone number, instant-messenger nickname, blog or other personal website URL, personal preferences, survey responses, date of birth, e-mail address and any other information that would allow someone to identify you or contact you. We collect Personal Information about you when you use the Services and input information, whether you are creating an account to use in connection with your use of the Services, registering to use any services, features or functions of any of the Services, participating in promotions, ordering or purchasing virtual items for use in one of the Games, or in the course of any other exchanges of information, transactions and activities. We may use the information we obtain from you, including Personal Information, to tailor your experience during your use of the Services, to display content we think may be of interest to you, or to let us customize what you see when you use the Services according to your preferences.
- Passive Collection: Furthermore, the Company may collect information regarding your behavior to better adapt our products and Services to your interests and to provide a better quality of Services. The Company may on its own, or with the help of third party analytics tools, collect information concerning your and other Users’ gaming habits, hardware and use of our products and Services. The information collected may contain the following, without limitation: device unique identity, including console, mobile, tablet and console unique identifier or other device identifiers and settings, internet provider, carrier, operating system, hardware information, localization information, date and time spent on the Services, game scores, game metrics and statistics, feature usage, advertising conversion rates, monetization rate, purchase history and other similar information. Standing alone, this information may not be Personal Information, but if the Company combines any of this information with Personal Information, the Company will treat this information as Personal Information pursuant to this Policy.
- Information from Third Parties: We may obtain certain information about you from third parties, including Personal Information. Please note that the Company is not responsible for the privacy and security practices and policies of such third parties.
- Oculus Rift: By signing up to use the Services and/or play the Games on the Oculus Rift, you agree that your Oculus Rift account information will be provided to Experiment 7 so that we can establish an account for you on the Platform.
- PlayStation®VR: By signing up to use the Services and/or play the Games on the PlayStation VR, you agree that your PlayStation® account information will be provided to Experiment 7 so that we can establish an account for you on the Platform.
- Google Daydream: By signing up to use the Services and or play the Games on the Daydream View, you agree that your Google Daydream account information will be provided to Experiment 7 so that we can establish an account for you on the Platform.
- SteamVR™: By signing up to use the Services and or play the Games on the SteamVR™, you agree that your Steam and/or Valve account information will be provided to Experiment 7 so that we can establish an account for you on the Platform.
- HTC Vive: By signing up to use the Services and or play the Games on the HTV Vive, you agree that your HTC and/or Valve account information will be provided to Experiment 7 so that we can establish an account for you on the Platform.
- Samsung Gear VR: By signing up to use the Services and or play the Games on the Samsung Gear VR, you agree that your Samsung and/or Oculus account information will be provided to Experiment 7 so that we can establish an account for you on the Platform.
- Information from Interacting with Third-Party Locations: The Services may include functionality that allows certain kinds of interactions between the Services and your account on a third-party web site or application, including:
- Information provided about a Third Party: If you send a third party a communication during your use of the Services, such as sending an invitation or message to a friend, the information you provide about them (such as their names and email addresses) is used solely to facilitate the communication is not used by the Company for any other marketing purpose unless we obtain consent from that person or we explicitly say otherwise.
- Cookies Information: During your use of the Services, we may send one or more cookies (a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters) to your device that uniquely identifies your browser. The Company uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by you by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Services may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Analytics Technologies: We use our own game servers and internal and third party analytic technologies to collect information about how you use the Services and our products, your computer or device and the health of our products. For example, we may collect and store data from your device when you use our products. This information includes technical and related information about your device and operating system (such as IP Address and/or device ID), information about your feature usage, gameplay and usage statistics, system interactions and peripheral hardware for the purposes described below in the section titled “The Way the Company Uses Information.” If you play a game offline, this data will be stored on your device and transmitted to the Company when your device connects to the Internet. When you participate in online services, the Company also may collect, use, store, transmit and publicly display statistical data regarding game play or identify content that is created and shared by you with other players.
Collection and Use of User Personal Details and User Gameplay Information
- The term "User Personal Details" means information relating to your personal Account details, including your email address, profile name or other online identification, first name, last name, age, date of birth, country of residence, preferences and settings including communication or content restrictions and parental control settings, other account information such as friend's lists, block lists, and language selection, any dates the foregoing data is modified, and any other information relating to your Account.
- o The term "User Gameplay Information" means any information relating to your play or use of the Game, including of your gameplay statistics, preferred strategies, in-Game transaction history and trends, history of technical issues and support usage, and history of contributed and received User Content.
- User Personal Details and User Gameplay Information together constitute "User Data".
- Collection and Use of User Personal Details:
- Collection and Use of User Gameplay Information
- You acknowledge and agree that Experiment 7 may collect and store User Gameplay Information about you, both as an individual and aggregated with the User Gameplay Information of other users of the Game and the Platform. In addition, you acknowledge and agree that Experiment 7 may analyze and use such User Gameplay Information for the purposes of review, research, development, maintenance, operation, administration, and support, and for the marketing of Experiment 7 products and services.
Other Ways the Company Uses Information
The Company uses the Personal Information we collect through the Services for the following for the purposes described in this Policy, including:
- To create a new, or update your existing, account on the Platform, which can be used in connection with the Games.
- To provide the Services, products or information you request and to process and complete any transactions in connection therewith;
- To operate, improve and develop the Platform and Games;
- To help you find your friends who are also using the Services;
- To communicate with you and respond to your emails, submissions, questions, inquiries, comments, requests, and complaints and to provide customer service.
- To monitor and analyze the Services usage and trends and otherwise measure the effectiveness of the Services or request feedback from you about the Services;
- To send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages, to detect and prevent fraud, and to otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Services;
- To operate the Services, including, without limitation, payment processing, and products delivery;
- To personalize and improve your experience on the Platform and the Games, to increase the functionality and the user friendliness of the Platform and the Games, to deliver advertisements, newsletters, coupons, promotions, rewards, awards or other content, or features that match User profiles or interests on the Platform, and to provide recommendations as to other advertisements, content or features that may be of interest to Users on the Platform;
- To provide you with news and information about our third party events, activities, offers, promotions, products, and services we think will be of interest to you;
- For any other purpose as described in this Policy or for which we notified you the information will be collected, used and shared and received your consent.
When the Company Discloses Information
- We may use and share information, including Personal Information, in connection with certain features of the Platform and/or the Games offered therein, including:
- Profile: Experiment 7 and/or the Platform may offer a public profile feature that allows users to share or otherwise post public information on the Platform or on the internet. The information you upload or input to your Profile will default to the privacy level you choose when you first log-in, and you can choose to change the privacy settings at any time. Those aspects of the Profile that are designated as “public” will be visible by everyone, including people off of the Platform environment, and may be indexed and displayed through public search engines when someone searches for you. If you post your Personal Information to a Profile, including a video, image or photo, you should be aware that these may be viewed, collected, copied and/or used by other Users without your consent, and there is no expectation of privacy or confidentiality there. We are not responsible for disclosure by other Users of your Personal Information, including without limitation, videos, images or photos that you choose to submit to Experiment 7’s sites. Also, please remember that the Personal Information you provide to us as part of your Profile may reveal or allow others to identify aspects of your life that you may not choose to state on your Profile directly.
- Console Accounts/Social Networks : By playing a Game or accessing the Platform through a third party platform or service (such as Oculus Rift, PlayStation VR, Google Daydream, HTC Vive, Samsung Gear VR or Steam VR), or by connecting to a third party account, network, platform or service via one of our products and/or Services, you are authorizing Experiment 7 to (1) collect, store, and use, in accordance with this Policy, any and all information that you agreed that the console manufacturer, social network or other third party platform could provide to Experiment 7 based on your settings on your console account, the third party social network or platform and (2) share any and all of your Personal Information with the console manufacturer, social network or other third party platform, through the third party platform’s Application Programming Interface. Your agreement to this takes place when you connect with the third party network, platform or service via our products and/or services, and/or when you connect with, "accept" or "allow" (or similar terms) one of our applications through the third party platform or service.
- We do not share your Personal Information (such as name or email address or phone number) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- We do share non-Personal Information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality of the Services.
- We may release Personal Information and/or non-Personal Information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright Law) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
You may, of course, decline to submit Personal Information through the Services, in which case the Company may not be able to provide certain services to you, and you may not have access to certain features offered on the Magic Table Platform and/or Experiment 7 games. You may update or correct your personal profile information and email preferences at any time by visiting your account profile page.
You may deactivate you’re account of the Platform or delete the personal information associated with your account by contacting email@example.com. If you do so, you will no longer have access to the Platform or Games, or any services associated with your account. Please note that Experiment 7 may retain information needed to resolve disputes, enforce our user agreements, protect our legal rights, and comply with technical and legal requirements and constraints related to the security, integrity and operation of our products. Otherwise, we will retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to provide you services, create and improve our products, comply with the law, and to run our business.
You may cancel or modify our email marketing communications you receive from us by following the instructions contained within our promotional emails or, where applicable, by logging into an account you have created for our Services. This will not affect subsequent access to the Services and your opt-out may be limited to certain types of emails.
Please note that we reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to your account or use of our Services, such as administrative and service announcements, and you will continue to receive these transactional account messages even if you opt-out from receiving our marketing communications.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Our Commitment to Data Security
The Company uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to the Company and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, the Company makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If the Company learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. The Company may post a notice on its System if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us using this contact form.
Our Commitment to Children's Privacy
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 13 in principle and we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from such children. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently gathered personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without their parents’ consent, we will take reasonable measures to promptly erase such information from our records.
If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 13 and believe he or she has disclosed Personal Information to us without your consent, please contact us at Experiment 7, Inc., Attn: Customer Support, 27 E. 28th Street, Suite 501, New York, NY 10016. You can also contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will delete the child’s Personal Information from our records as soon as possible.
Compliance With Maine Predatory Marketing Law
The Company does not knowingly collect or maintain Personal Information from persons under the age of 18 whose IP address shows that person is located in Maine. If you are under 18 and are located in Maine, please do not use or access the Services at any time or in any manner.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not provide your personal information to any third party for their direct marketing purposes without your consent. If, having provided your consent, you would like to revoke your consent to future disclosure of your personal information to third parties, send a request to email@example.com with “California Opt-Out” in the subject line. Please note that this opt-out will not prevent the use of information that has already been disclosed to third parties with your consent and you should contact them directly to opt-out from such communications. If you would like more information with respect to your privacy rights under California law, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate such a request by placing “ California Disclosure Information” in the subject line.
Special Note to Non-California Users and International Users
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
In the event that the Company is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your Personal Information is treated, transferred, or used.
How to Change Your Personal Information
After registering, you may review and request to make changes to your Personal Information at any time. You may review and/or make changes to your Personal Information by logging into your account and making such changes.
Experiment 7, Inc.
Attn: Customer Support 27 East 28th Street, Suite 501
New York, NY 11016
Copyright 2018 Experiment 7 Inc. All rights reserved.